Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Finishing my race schedule

Ok, so I finally was able to finish my race schedule to my coaches specific dates up until IM Mont Tremblant. The hardest was finding a 1/2 ironman that had a similar profile as mont tremblant on the specific date that coachie wanted me to find. Well, on June 10th in the Catskills on a very hard and hilly bike and run I found the, HITS series Hunter Mountain 1/2 ironman. Whats also cool is that they have multiple races throughout the weekend including a sprint, olympic, aqua bike, 1/2 ironman and a full ironman. I hadn't heard of the HITs series and have done some research and right now it doesn't look like there is a ton of participation yet in this new series and some people on slow twitch say this series might not last long but we'll see, Dave Scott is one of the race organizers so hopefully it will all work out. Anyway, its tough to find specific race distances on specific dates and add to that trying to coordinate with my husband and kids whats good for the family and not racing too much, etc... I also know that I need to find races a bit closer then Texas and the other races that were available that weekend were Kansas 70.3 and some other race far away. Well, financially I don't want to do that so Hunter Mountain here I come. It would of been cool to try to do Mooseman or Rev3 Quassy but they were the weekend before and that didn't fit. Good lord.

Anyhoo, 1 sprint, 1 half and 1 olympic distance race before Ironman. It seems a bit surreal about doing ironman again this year its been 2 years this July since Lake Placid, I am hoping for much better results, realistic results but better results. I think my mental framework is much better so my confidence in myself is better but at the end of the day its all about how to pace the bike and run the run, I just want to be able to run the run and feel good at the end ( well, as good as you can after completing 140.6 miles) I'm not looking for a Kona spot, I'm not expecting to place top 5 in my age group, what my goals are:

1. Execute my race plan, paces,watts, nutrition, mental
2. Run my own race, don't be intimidated by others and don't race someone else's race
3. Be proud of yourself for being able to do this
4. If able, get that HR up the last 6 miles and kick some ass.

Those are my goals right now, I may have some slight changes before the actual race but I think that sounds about right. We are 4 months out from Ironman and starting tomorrow after this recovery week starts my build to August. So, I would love to have friends join me on some rides and runs during the week, I definitely need some hilly rides and runs so bring it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great plan-cant wait to hear about Tremblant, it sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete