I am so relieved that I have finally made the decision, its been lingering in my mind on whether or not to do it again this year or not. Its not just a big commitment for me but for my family, so during this past weekend we had a family sit down and discussion and everyone was on board. Mommy has lots of reasons to do ironman again they are:
1. not to crash on my bike but to crush the bike
2. to train harder and to perform to the best of my abilities given any circumstances thrown my way on the day
3. To prove to myself again that I am an ironman and to make myself and my family proud
I guess this is my redemption and hopefully things will play out for me on the day. I'm not going to say that I'm not nervous but I at least know that I've completed one and that even injured I was able to finish, but this year it means a bit more to me. Something to prove to me, not to anyone else but just to me. I am not going to set any goals or times now, maybe much closer to race time but I know what I want to do in my head but it all depends on my training and my body ( keeping it injury free).
My team of amazing people who will keep me in check over the next 7 months are:
1. Janda Ricci-Munn-my amazing coach
2. Sara Thatcher- Physical Therapist
3. Darcy- my amazing massage therapist
4. Currently up in the air on who I will be swimming with this winter and spring but either the YMCA sharks with John Ogden or with Craig Lewin from the North Shore Swim Club, all depends on the pool and the times available, but both are great.
5. Fitwerx 2 in Peabody- I won't beable to do it without you guys, see you soon.
6. Bill Steele- from Breakwater sports, open water swim clinics in the spring and summer.
7. Melissa Harrington- the most amazing pilates instructor who keeps me humble and makes my core stronger every time I see her.
And of course the most important things are my husband Phil and my 4 amazing children, kellen, alexander, Shea and Cade.
I also want to mention my friends who have always been there for me and once they find out I'm doing ironman again I am sure they will be as supportive this year as they were last year:
April, Vicki, Cindy, Jess, Bob, Ali, Heather, Nan and Marnie. Thank you for always being there when I need you.
Anyway, here we go, 7 months and counting, a bunch of races will happen before ironman again this year but hopefully I will be fitter, faster and crazier than ever and make everyone proud of me at ironmanUSA this July 25th, I will keep you posted.