Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Activities of summer

Lots of stuff going on with the kiddos this summer, my oldest is flying down with daddy to Coco Beach Florida next week for the 5th grade AAU national basketball championships, my 8 and 10yr olds are swimming in the New England Regional Swim Championships this weekend and then off to Harvard University the end of July for their 12 and under Age Group National Swim Championships. My 7 yr old continues to play basketball and tennis and keeping quite busy. I'm trying to stay focused on keeping sane and training and heating as healthy as I can.

Over the last 2 months I have chosen to eat gluten free and as paleo as I possibly can. I am trying to decrease bloat and GI distress that I have had since I was a little girl. I have been very successful with decreasing the bloat but still trying to manage not having the carb input that I had before. I haven't been too happy with the gluten free products out there so far but continue on my hunt. I have added probiotics to my diet and aloe juice to my smoothies. Life is good.

Training has been going well. I went away with my qt2 peeps to Lake Placid 1 1/2 weeks ago to get in some good training and to hang with my friend Keri who will be racing in a few weeks, it was so much fun. I was very nervous that I wouldn't beable to handle the volume of training since I'm not doing and ironman anytime soon but it was very doable and I came out of it unscathed. I met some really great people and I can't wait to return to Lake Placid on the 28th to route on my fellow teammates, campers and friends.

Well, time to rest, just finished my zone 3 bike and hill bounding sessions for the day, may try to squeek in a recovery swim later today before hitting the pool hard tomorrow.

Just signed up for the Boston Triathlon in August with Pumpkinman in September and the Baystate marathon in October. Here's to a great finish to the season that hasn't really started for me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment