1. Nice Day to start, warm ocean water, friendly people, close race and of course won my age group.
The Bad: My swim- Yikes 14: 48 out of water, 15:07 to mat, thats just horrific on all counts.
1. Oh where do I start.
a. goggles got foggy and filled with water, swam off course a bit, couldn't site for shit, swam longer than I should. I'm not sure it was just a bad swim for me or my swim mojo has really taken a hit on my times in the open water. That being said all the times were pretty slow but I had the fastest swim time in my age group by over 2 minutes. Need to start swimming with some peeps to make swimming more enjoyable.
b. Getting to T1, what the hell, 1min 50 seconds, what the hell was I doing in there. Let me tell you, putting my aero helmet on backwards and wondering why the hell I couldn't strap the thing to my head, couldn't get my bike shoes on. You would think I never did this before.
c. Trying to understand on the bike why I still feel in a sprint that it takes me so long to get the lactic acid out of the legs, it was a short bike, very congested and small travel lanes. For such a congested course there were lots of marshalls out there. We had to do 2 turns twice both of which made you slow down significantly and once an ambulance made me stop for someone who crashed on the bike.
Bike: 24:13, 21.8mph, fastest in age group
1. My run: 35 minutes, 7:59 pace or 8min flat per there computer. The first thing that went wrong was when I put my sneakers on the insole on my right sneaker rolled up, why I wouldn't fix it and decide to run on it I'll never know but that bothered me the whole run.
When I got off the bike I knew something wasn't right, I was a bit bloated and couldn't get my HR up past what I was averaging on the bike. At times I actually thought I would need a porta potty to go the bathroom, and it wasn't number 1. I was afraid I wasn't going to make it to to the finish. I finally saw the finish line and once over the line bee lined it to the porta potty which I spent quite of bit of time in till the awards ceremony.
2. Getting home I went the bathroom some more and then finally threw up all over the bathroom. It felt so good to get everything out, I felt less bloated and felt so much better. I have a low grade temp of 100 so I know things were brewing but at present feel a bit better.
What I will need to work on over the next 4 weeks:
1. Get my swim mojo back
2. work my transitions like there my bitch. Come on, bike helmet on backwards who does that shit- " I do, I guess".
3. Stay as healthy as I can and get some more fitness.
4. Maybe look to do another small local sprint or swim race before Pumpkinman.