Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Monday, August 2, 2010

Last few pictures and some more reflection






So if you have been reading my posts you know that I ended up dehydrated and lost 7lbs during the race. I spent about 2hrs in the medical tent getting fluids and anti nausea medication and after that I felt great. Phil and I went out and had a great steak dinner and a few beers after leaving the medical tent. Nothing like keeping the salt going in until going to bed. It took about a week and I'm finally back to my normal weight ( much to my shagrin, I would of loved to stay in the mid/ to low 130's), however not right now.

Today was my first week back to a normal workout routine, last week I swam a little and biked a little but did no running. I did a lot of stretching and core work but kept it fairly light. I do have to say mentally I needed the break but physically it was killing me, I miss getting the body going and sweating and all that good stuff, so today was a simple 2000yd swim and a 40 minute run, it was so much fun, I felt really good and needed to stop myself from going further. I think last year I pushed so fast after ironman that I was incapable of having any good races in september and october because I never allowed myself to fully recover. I will continue to slowly increase my volume and intensity so as not to get injured or risk not being able to perform at my best. Anyway, Phil thought it would be funny to document yet again another visit to the medical tent after ironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment