Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Thursday, February 16, 2012

QT2 Camp Travel Day and Day 2-4



Ahhh, the 6hr ride f/b the transition run. I have to say,last year I was so nervous about lasting long on the roads, I had spent so much time on my trainer and nothing longer than 2hr 45. The weather was nice, a little chilly to start but we had long sleeves on and shorts. We broke up into 3 groups and I was in the 2nd group. The ride was great, lots of chatting, lots of riding, my nutrition was spot on, 32 oz of fluid an hour, food every 40 minutes, peed x 3, all good. I was able to get a good 2 1/2 hours done in complete aero which was nice and my lower back didn't hurt at all. It will take some time to get my butt and the girlie parts all good to go for long rides but this one ended up pretty well.

My T-un was great, the legs felt zippy, no issues really, my pace felt strong and HR was well in check. Today gave me a lot of confidence regarding my fitness so hopefully I can get a bit faster over the next 4 1/2 weeks before we taper for Texas.

Dinner was great for sure, meeting new friends, having a few beers was awesome. We were all really tired from the day so it was early to bed for me.

Saturday was our recovery bike with another transition run f/b a 5000 meter swim. I think we were all concerned about this one, would last, could we do the distance, its meter's, etc..... Again, today was a good day, I felt great on the bike and run and when we got to the pool I hoped right in and joined my great lane mates and we kicked some major ass. Coach Spinney just kept us going, 400's, 200's, 100's, vertical kicks in between each sets, etc. Then we ended with team relays which each of us had to swim 50meters, my team of Guido, Jaime and Emily took second to Wheeler's team but I swear he cheated.

Anyhoo, it was another long training day and we knew it was going to be cold in the morning and I had a 2hr run and bike to do so it was off to bed.

Sunday: So sad to see this day come, its been so great not to have to figure out when to get my workouts in, feeling like I'm running with my head cut off trying to do everything for everybody. I got up early and headed out the door just before 7a, my run wasn't spectacular, I couldn't seem to get the leg turnover and I couldn't get my HR up, my body was tired and it was telling me. I continued with my nutrition and just logged the miles, it ended up ok, nothing great, nothing bad.

It was then lunch and leave time. Very sad to have to come home after feeling so successful with all my training. I loved meeting all my new friends and talking triathlon with them. It was great to train with my coach by my side and other coaches who just want to help because they care, it felt like a family to me and it looked like everyone was having a great time.

Thanks again to all the coaches of QT2 it was another awesome experience and camp, I hope I can go back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment