Untitled by donnafurse at Garmin Connect - Details
Not a great day for me on the course.It was a PR on this course but not my Half PR. Lessons learned today:
1. stop treadmill running, I know its convenient and sometimes it has to be done but I could tell a big difference in my durability on my legs. Miles on the treadmill and miles on the road are just not the same.
2. I needed to drink more and I didn't take my second GU, ? whether or not this affected me or not but I may need to consider running with my fuel belt if I can't drink enough during the race.
3. Wind is not my friend
4. I need to mentally strong the whole race, I tend to drift around mile 7-10 and then regather my thoughts and push to the end, usually these are my slowest miles for some reason.
5. I need to move on from today quickly because if I dwell on my performance today it will ruin further workouts this week and I have two weeks of build right now and they are important.
6. I need to snap out of this funk from today, I felt I disappointed myself and my coach.