Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Sunday, April 11, 2010

long weekend over, phewwww

Okay, so Saturday morning started real early, as you can see my clock read 4:52am and it was time for me to do my hard bike ride and my brick run. As you can see, my bike is ready to go along with my very old treadmill that is stuck on 3% incline. Anyway, my goal was to do my normal warm up, + another 15 minutes of some extra stuff coachie threw in there and then 3 x 20 minutes at high end of steady state watts, keeping a cadence around 90, 5 minutes of recovery in between each interval and then complete ride around 2 1/2 hrs, then a T run of only 15 minutes just to get the legs turning over. Well, I averaged, 196, 197 and 192 watts respectively for each 20 minute segment, ( which is in my SS zone but on the lower end, my high end is 215), my legs have been tired this week but I still felt okay on the bike it just wasn't going to get much higher. Then I ran at a 7.4-7.5 on the treadmill to finish off the work. Unfortunately the kids got up during the end of my ride and were staring at me and lifting my fan and doing all sorts of crazy stuff to distract me, it was kind of funny but I didn't get up this early to be interrupted on my workout, that was sort of the reason to do it.

Then on the treadmill my 4 year old started hitting me with my foam roller and touching my treadmill, I almost fell off and broke my legs and I was pretty scared for him that he might get his hands stuck, needless to say I was a bit perturbed with hubby who didn't keep the kids out like he was suppossed to but it was over and it was time to go to the track.

Today was day 1 of coach Aprils track session for her athletes ( TriLife Coaching) and I want to follow her and learn some of her coaching styles at the track and help out when I can so if she ever needs someone to cover. It will be helpful for me to know her athletes so they will feel comfortable with me. I am so proud of how far along April has come with her coaching and how happy all of her athletes are with her. She is very professional, everything she does has a purpose, she documents everything, gives her clients homework and tons of feedback, its amazing, its what coaches are supposed to do. I am very blessed that my coach currently emails me back within seconds of me writing him and I get all the feedback I need and he is tremendously professional. I can only hope that when I become a coach I can do as good a job as my coach and April, they really have it down and you can see it with all their athletes.

After track it was sports for the kids and then off to Coachies first group drill/track session with transitions. This was super fun and he had at least 20 of his athletes there at the Gloucester track. His wife Michelle and Janda went through a ton of running drills which were great and then unfortunately I had to leave to go home, so I missed the transition stuff. Oh well, next time.

Today I had a 15 mile run scheduled which I did later in the afternoon, too much stuff in the morning and sports for the kids. I was able to average 8:42 with a max heart rate of 153 for the 15 miles, on tired legs and 17 hours of effort this week I was pleased. Anyway, my GI track is a bit shaken after the run so hopefully things will settle down before going to bed. Recovery week this week and race on sunday, 1st of the season ( I'm just hoping not to get my ass handed to me). Anyway, time to have dinner. Chat later.



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE these pictures...I can't believe you are smart enough to document the clock...I'll be seeing those numbers tomorrow morning myself
    :( My whole goal for the summer is to get fast enough to be able to run with you and chat in the fall :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are fast enough my friend, I don't know if I can keep up with you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on completing a tough week and weekend! 4:52 a.m.--- I just refuse to get up in the fours. 5:01 is okay--but 4:52-- never. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, you were looking pretty fresh and incredibly chipper at the track considering the 4:52 wake up...You are a better woman than I!!!

    ReplyDelete