Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Being sick sucks

Okay, I'm not dying and I'm not in the hospital, but I hate being sick. I've been very lucky this winter not to be really sick and have been relatively healthy for awhile so being taken back by this cold pissed me off. I eat well, take my vitamins, exercise, etc.. but I think with the weird weather, sleet/sun/heat, rain, etc.. especially what we had last week didn't help my immune system. Anyway, I took today off from exercise completely, drinking plenty of fluids, taking time for myself and will get back on the train tomorrow. This week is a recovery week thank goodness because we are starting the final push towards IMLP, 80 days and countining.

Some other quick training notes, I did a 17 mile run this weekend, again averaging a piss more showing of 8:40 pace, did a small brick, bike and run on sunday and then we flew home from Chicago. The kids were excited to see us but all I wanted to do was go to bed, I felt so bad.

Monday I did a 3000 straight swim, it was fine, the laryngitis was in full swing so I didn't push a thing, couldn't really talk for the day so tried to keep using sign language and writing things down for my kids so they wouldn't keep asking me questions.

Today was teacher appreciation day and mothers day tea at my daughters school. so much fun to surprise the teachers with their flowers and their homemade cards from my kids ( whats funny is they attached flowers from my garden yesterday to the cards and they were practically dead and wilting today, however the teachers loved them anyway). Tea with my daughter is so special, she made me a beautiful pin and a picture frame with flowers on it, so beautiful. Anyway, I have a mothers day tea with my 4 year old son on thursday, I can't wait, its our first together.

Tomorrow I have a swim and a run scheduled, hopefully with a good nights rest and some good food I'll be ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment