Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Make way for Ducklings and much more.....
So its been crazy so far this week and its only Tuesday. Yesterday I was a chaperone for my son's class to Boston, to walk the, " Make way for Duckling's" walk ( from the book) go on the swan boats and have a picnic in the Common. It was so nice outside and it was great to be with all the kids, especially my guy. However, trying to fit in ironman training and all my kids activities in one day makes for some major adjustments. So my Monday went like this:
1. get up at 5:30 am with kids to get dressed, fed and get lunches,etc.. ready for the day
2. Drive kids to their respective schools by 8am
3. Drop off paperwork for meeting at another school before heading back to Kid #2 school for field trip
4. Field trip to Boston from 8:30am-2:30pm
5. Get back just in time to pick other 3 kids up from school to take daughter to dance by 3:30, other son to swimming by 3:30p, grocery shop with 2 boys trying to kill each other in the grocery cart, pick other 2 kids up by 4:45pm, feed them a quick dinner and then head to the soccer field with all 4 and help coach my boys soccer team.
6. Get home at 6:45pm, wash, pajamas and to bed
7. Hop on treadmill for track workout which I was unable to do in the morning because of said field trip, finish by 9:30p, do some core exercises and shower. Can;t fall asleep until 11p.
1. Same deal as yesterday, 5:30am wake up by kids, get dressed, etc... get them all to school by 8:15am
2. Swim workout in and completed by 9:45am-since I couldn't get my swim in yesterday
3. Meeting at elementary school for TriROK foundation at 10am
4. Meeting at NE Running Company for sponsorship of foundation at 10:45am
5. Get home to ride for 2hrs and run for 30 minutes- done. Mother F'in hard, Main set of workout was 6 x 2 miles at 230 watts with 2 minutes of recovery, ouch.. But done, legs felt good on the run.
6. Finish and get to the kids school just on time to dress my daughter for pictures for her dance recital by 3:30pm, get my other 3 kids, drive to violin for a 3:10p class, other son's soccer drop off at 3:30pm, then pick up Alex from violin to go to swimming by 4pm and my daughter to swimming by 4:15. After getting everyone home my mother in law was kind enough to come over so I could feed my kids and take my oldest to piano at 5:30pm and be home by 6:30p to make myself and my hubby dinner.
Okay, seriously, I'm kind of done tonight, and really pissed off I can't figure out my I touch. Why can't I access the wi-fi anywhere else but my house. Why would I buy an Itouch for just the ipod if I can't use the applications anywhere but my house. Pisses me off. Anyway, I digress, I have a swim tomorrow and a 9 mile run, hopefully I will be fully recharged and ready to go.