Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fartlek Run, and no I didn't just say Fart!

So my oldest son has been home sick for the past 3 days and of course that puts a damper on the old workout situation. However, I do have a bike trainer and a treadmill so all is good in my world as long as my son will cooperate.

Todays workout was a 2 mile warm up building to a nice intensive pace so starting around 8:50 and holding an 8:20, then stretch for a few minutes and then do some pick ups or strides to get my legs building the speed. Then it was 2 x 1 1/2 miles doing 200meters at a 6 minute pace and then jog for 200 meters ( .13 miles then .12 miles etc...) So on the treadmill that works out to a 9.5mph for about 44 to 45 seconds f/b jogging at a good pace, etc...

I felt great, the legs felt strong, my HR never went out of control, it just felt good. How amazing it would be to actually beable to run a 5k at that pace, I can't even imagine, I envy those with the genetics that allow their bodies to perform like that.

The only problem I had today was my little, lovely boy just wanted to play with me so he kept pacing around the treadmill, talking to me, tossing stuffed animals over my head, a few times touching the tread of the treadmill, scaring me half to death that he would hurt himself or me, he would watch my watch and gave me my countdown on how much longer I could run. Well, I got my workout in, I just hope he is healthy enough to go back to school tomorrow.

Anyway, after I finished cooling down we went upstairs so he could demolish me in chess, it is just embarrasing that my 7 year old can beat me in 4 moves, its unfair. wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment