Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Monday, October 26, 2009

Gluten Free Diet Anyone?

So, since I was a little girl, and most of my really good friends and husband know, I've had a bit of a gas issue. Everyone told me, stop eating the green vegetables, don't eat fried or fatty foods
( which I rarely did), etc... It was always so hard to try to find a place to hide or walk away fast enough for me to, well, do my business. My husband would say, " your a lady, ladies don't do that", what, are you serious? Anyway, to make a long story short, its just gone on for a long time and I just assumed I would wait until I got a colonscopy when I'm 50, they would say, everything is fine, take Beano. Well, Beano never worked, I'm tired of being gassey all the time, I love vegetables, especially broccolli and well, working out sometimes can be an issue when you have GI issues. Try running 20 miles and figuring out what to do sometimes, it really stinks. I literally have to plan my diet for days to make sure I'm completely unloaded before a long day comes about.

Anyway, a friend of mine this weekend during our long run told me she just started her family on a gluten free diet ( for many reasons, not necessarily mine) and she has never felt better, less bloating, etc...

I don't know if gluten is my problem but I'm willing to try and see what happens. I am going to start here for 3 weeks and see how I feel. I have always been a carboholic so it makes a lot of sense to me but we'll see. Lets cross our fingers and hope I may live a more fruitful, less gassey lifestyle for my sake and my husbands, and for anyone who has ever riden or ran behind me.

I don't think the pool has ever been a problem but I've always wondered whether or not people could hear you fart when they are standing on deck and you toot when you swim, just wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment