Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Friday, October 23, 2009

Gotta Love Friends!!!!!!

I don't know if I tell my friends enough times how much I appreciate them but I soooooooooooo do. Whether its meeting for lunch and conversation or helping me with my kids, my friends are amazing.

When I was training for ironman my friends couldn't do enough for me, they would say, " what can we do to make your crazy life better", " I'll run 10 miles with you today donna", or a new friend I met last year who completely took a whole day out of his life and planned a century ride for me up in NH and then a 5 mile run after. Now, he didn't need to do that, especially since he's probably a 10hr ironman guy and he just wanted to hang and workout with people with similar goals. I still haven't forgotten that day and he remains very dear to my heart. He'll be competing in IM Cozumel in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

Theres my friend April who drove 5 hrs up to Lake Placid on the Saturday before the race just to be my Sherpa and calm my nerves because my family hadn't arrived and I was all alone, except for a few more new friends I met up there who took me under their wing and really made me feel great. Who drives 5 hrs from Boston and then Back the same day just to help a friend, I don't know. She has two little children too and a business she just started so taking that type of time away was huge. She also goes out of her way to help me with my kids ( like evaluating my kids today at the pool on their swimming, totally last minute)and then calling me later to make sure she gave me ample feed back, who does these things, MY FRIENDS DO..

I also adore my friends Vicki, Cindy, Jess and Melissa and Bob who listen to me bitch about countless things ( of which I won't mention but will probably blog about some other time) and who never once said I was crazy to do the things I do, they just support me completely with no judgements. WEll, except, I don't have the best fashion sense and if my friends could take me shopping they probably would. ( no more workout clothes donna) And if I actually ever wore my hair down and blew it drew they usually would throw a party. But I digress, I just love my friends, they just get me, they get the whole me. Now I have other very supportive friends as well and I love them all for just being who they are and accepting me for who I am and being there when I need them, so sorry for not mentioning your names if I forgot.

Friends are so important and I hope I am as good of a friend to my friends as they are to me. Thank you all guys for being a part of my life, I am truly blessed with my family and my close group of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment