Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Monday, December 21, 2009

Love the Snow.....And another thing


So we got a great snow storm this past weekend and my kids ( if you can see them) and my dog just loved it, playing all day. The only thing I don't like about winter is just the, "stuff", all the wet clothes that go on and off all day long. When the kids are this little you are still helping them get their gear on most of the time so it can be an all day affair, along with drying the stuff out, etc.... However, they get tired and hungry and there is nothing better then having my kids running around outside smiling and having fun, letting their imaginations take over and finally not trying to kill each other.

My dog, "kota", just loves the snow. He loves, fall, winter and a bit of spring but never the summer. Bring on the snow and temps that are less than 30 and he wants to stay outside. My soon to be 9 year old 4 legged friend still loves it.

On another note I've had a few people mention to me ( my husbands guy friends) that I divulge too much information on my blog, ( i.e, the blog about my GI issues and my foot issues). Well, I believe as an endurance athlete there are things that happen to our bodies that only we can understand but for some reason we need to share. It's also pretty great when you get advice from other athletes who have experienced similar issues and can help you out. I don't believe I have crossed the line with anything and have certainly used discretion in my usage of language and don't believe that if my children read my blog years from now they would be embarrassed. So, I will continue to write my blog with integrity and will also continue to write what I feel is important to me and my training. I will make sure my language is no worse than PG-13 ( because you know what you can say today in a PG-13 movie) and I will make sure to not be too graphic.

My blog is a very cathartic thing for me and it helps me process my thoughts and my training and putting it out there for everyone to see helps make it even more real. It holds me accountable for what I do at times. Anyway, its also fun. So, I hope my two wonderful guy friends of my husband, I don't know if you'll read this but if you do I'm sorry if I have offended you in the past but I hope you'll continue to read my posts in the future. Lots of love.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog, my dear, is TAME. Do not fear.
    AND Of course we want to hear the nitty gritty of your training and racing and all that goes along with that! Blogs that divulge nothing are a snore-fest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! And I forgot to say I love your huge pup. Is he a Bernese Mountain Dog? adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Dakota picture - our Dudley is the same - would stay out all day if I let him. So funny to see the snow just sitting ontop of their coats. HOpe you didn't wait in line at B&N !

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is indeed a bernese mountain dog and we love him, he is so great with the kids. Of course I got apologies from my husbands two friends, we'll see if they continue to read.

    ReplyDelete