Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Life in Perspective





Life is just really interesting lately, I'm hearing lots of things that make me think that I need to stop bitching about the little stuff and make the most of everyday that I have. I know I have blogged about this in the past but every once in awhile things just make you shake your head and say, " life can be so unfair sometimes" and you just need to put your life into perspective and focus on whats important.

What I've heard:

1. A good friends significant others cancer is back and has metastisized throughout her body, she has a 2 1/2 yr old and we don't know what the prognosis is, but based on what I know its not good. However, she maintains an amazing outlook on life and she never mentions this to anyone, she is inspiring to say the least but I can't help thinking about her all the time and her little daughter and her hubby, this must be so hard for them.

2. I know I don't know these people personally and its probably really stupid for me to even mention this but last night on American Idol the last contestant ( Chris Medina) had an amazing story to tell about his longtime girlfriend and fiance who was in a car crash 2 yrs ago and sustained a serious brain injury, she is able to communicate a little but their lives are forever changed and the fact this young mans love for his future bride still shines so bright in his eyes and that he is still so very much apart of her life and her families is just a testomony to the fact that amazing, compassionate people still live on this planet. The even better thing was that he could really sing too and he made it to the Hollywood round. Just a great story, but man it makes you think, right?

I don't know, life is hard all the way around, its never easy but when you see these things or read about stories like this it makes you think about your life, doesn't it?

My training has been going well, not great, I'm still having a hard time getting to the pool more than 1-2x a week which needs to change really soon. I've encorporated a big strength component 3 x a week in my normal swim slot so adding another hour onto that day has been hard and I lose my mojo later on in the day. I know what I want out of my life, I know what I want out of my body and I really need to stop making lamo excuses and move on. However, I look at these people and it makes me feel so selfish, I don't know, I need to do more in so many aspects of my life, I need to give back more. Anyway, I'm rambling, lots of things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment