Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

power Bike #4- I like it like this, now lets bring this to the road

Ok, 6am today was power cycle class #4, still working on threshold wattage with some spikes of low end V02 max efforts. We are still keeping everything in check and not working anaerobically, all aerobically. I'm feeling really good on the bike and the watts are coming, I think I will need to test soon since I am completely out of last years wattages and need to really target in on my proper zones. Todays class was a good warm up about 30 minutes long with some single leg drills, building up to tempo wattages and 2 good high cadence spin ups, then the main set was:

6min low end tempo with varying 15-20 sec vo2 max spikes thrown in

1 1/2 min recover

5 min low end tempo with varying spikes of vo2 max wattages

1 1/2 min recover

4 min interval ( same as above)

1 min recover

3 min interval ( same as above)

1 min recover

2 min interval ( same as above)

Finish and recover

Average watts:

6min inter-250 watts
5min-260 watts
4min-260 watts
3min-270 watts
2min-285 watts

My HR was staying low, peak HR was only 161 on the 2 min. Most of my base line efforts were around 245-260 watts and nearly all of my spikes were executed @ 280-300 watts.

Now lets see how we test and really see where my true watts lie, I would love to see my true 1hr power in the mid 200's. Can I do it and run off the bike?

No comments:

Post a Comment