Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Friday, November 27, 2009

multi-task/Multi-sport mom, re-cap on Thanksgiving


The Table I decorated, my Pecan Pie I made and me coming home from my workout.

So let me start the day, I knew I needed to get in a swim and a run and it was raining, so I headed to the pool which was open at 5:45am, did my 3200 yards and then went upstairs to do 6 miles on the treadmill. I knew that I needed to get home by 8am to get my Turkey in the oven because it was going to roughly take 5hrs. I spent the day before doing all my prep work and all the cleaning ( at least 6hrs worth) and all I needed to do today was the Turkey.Try doing that with 4 kids in tow. I also brought my daughter and son to the doctor and she was diagnosed with an ear infection, UGG.

My menu for the 14 people I was feeding was:
Maple-Glazed Turkey with Gingersnap Gravy
Green Beans with Ham and Shallots
Mashed Yams with Brown Sugar and Spice
Sausage Apple and Chestnut Stuffing
Cranberry and almond salad
Maple Spice Pecan Pie/Apple Pie/Ice Cream
Homemade cranberry sauce

I knew I couldn't eat a ton my body just doesn't allow that anymore and being 41 its just not worth trying to lose the extra weight after the holidays. I also knew I needed to get up for a run in the morning and some resistance training so eating smart was in the cards. I'm not that young anymore. The kids and family all had a good time and after cleaning up and putting everything away I went to bed around 11:30am. Lots to do this morning ( friday) putting the china away, workout, finish cleaning but all is done and another day has flown by. I'm looking forward to a great weekend with the kids and good run and bike over the weekend. Good luck to anyone doing IM Cozumel this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment