Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tempo run disappointment

So today was a bit difficult, not too bad, but mentally challenging for me. I was doing a tempo run today with a 2 mile warm up and then 30 minutes at a 7:40-7:50 pace with 1 mile broken up anywhere in between at a 7-7:15 pace, then a 10 minute cool down. With the rain and trying to get my pacing and HR in check I'm doing my tempos on the treadmill at a .5-1.0%. So I was running at a 7:49 pace, (7.7mph) and doing my pick ups in the middle and around 21 minutes I was like, hmmmmmmmm, I gotta go another 9 minutes, I was a bit nervous. My heart rate was hovering around 163 but when I increased the speed it went to 168. It recovered ok when I came back down to 7.7mph but it was hard, I had to really focus. I came down to a .5% with about 6 minutes to go and then 0.0 with about 3 minutes to go. My HR never went past 163 on average and when I finished I felt really good and was able to finish my cool down well. When the workout was over I felt awesome and I felt like I so could of pushed harder and not dropped the incline so possibly it was a mental thing, I don't know. JUST SUCKS, I feel like I failed. When you do a 5 1/2 mile run the day before at a 7:55 pace, one would think this workout would be fairly easy, it wasn't. Oh well, so much more work to do on the run front.

After the run I headed to the pool for an easy 3200 yd swim, primarily drills with some distance work but fairly simple. No intervals to make just working on stroke. Then it was a deep tissue massage to work on my periformis, ASIS and hip, feels good and we are making progress but still need to see the PT as well.

Anyway, a bike and resistance training tomorrow f/b some good runs over the next few days should make for some good training over the holidays.

If you want to see what I look like on the treadmill download this youtube video, its hysterical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBH4qcH_b98

No comments:

Post a Comment