Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Sunday, March 7, 2010

I passed, yeah........

I just got home from Minnesota and opened my mail and saw that I got a large envelope from the USAT office ( so glad not a small one- remember the good old college days). I got my official coaches certification in the mail and I'm so happy. I still don't know what to do yet but I'm hoping to continue to get my USA swimming certification, start coaching from there and also help others if they need with different clinics, etc... WE'll see, not tons of free time on my hands especially with ironman less than 5 months away.

My friend April ran her first marathon today ( not coming off a bike) and had a great race, I'm looking forward to her race report real soon. She went into this race with walking pneumonia and taking an antibiotic well known to give you the shits even when you sneeze, so she pulled off an amazing time and I just can't wait to hug her. I'm also waiting to hear how Mary did on her 18 mile effort along with her athletes at the Stu's 30k. I'm only running the max of 12 miles right now, I can't imagine doing either one of these races, good going ladies.

WEll, when I was away I missed the spinathon ( the Ride for Jules) but I road all alone in the gym at my hotel for 3 hrs watching my Syracuse team get completely spanked by Louisville, god knows I hope its no predictor for the tournament or we are really screwed. Anyway, spinning by yourself on a gym bike is no fun and all the stares you get from people like ( " your still here?, " I didn't know people sweat that much", " Don't you ever need to go to the bathroom") At this point and after the umpteenth question I was going to say, " yes, I'm still here, I'm doing my own spinathon for a good friends mother who died from complications of diabetes, yes I sweat this much, wouldn't you after being on this bike with no fan in sight for 3 hrs, and yes I do have to pee and I wish I could pee right here on this bike but I'm sure I would get kicked out of this hotel if I did it". Anyway, that along with a 11 1/2 mile run and some resistance training finished off my weekend and I'm finally home. I'm looking forward to a great week of training and can't wait to increase the volume.

Chat with you soon. Off to watch the oscars.

2 comments:

  1. SOunds like a great week! And CONGRATS on the USAT cert! Naturally I have yet to submit (or do) my test. ek!
    Stu's went finnnnneeeee. Beautiful day. Hard hard hard to hold back, but I'm glad I did, because ummm. 18.6 is a long way! I had forgotten! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great going, so psyched for you.

    ReplyDelete