Preliminary Race Schedule 2015

Black Cat 20 miler March 2015
Boston Marathon April 2015
JCC sprint tri May 2015
B2B bike race/ride June 2015

? Musselman July or Lowell Olympic
? challenge Maine olympic in august
sprint or half September

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Life isn't all about working out

So I haven't been able to work out for the past two days, life has been so busy with the kids, their schedules, doctors appointments, therapies, etc... mommy hasn't had time to workout never mind pee. It's times like these that make me sit back and realize that being a mom is so important and that if I had to give up working out to be with my children ( for whatever reason, illness, medical or mental, school issues) whatever, I would do it even more then I do it now. I would do anything for my children and my family. I know having time for yourself is so important and it benefits not only the person but the persons family but sometimes working out doesn't make sense when you have to do so many other things to make a family of 6 ( not including pets) function and function with a purpose.

Even though my child hasn't been diagnosed with a significant medical issue trying to cooridinate therapies, doctors appointments, emails to various people, whatever, takes time, emotional energy and on top of doing all of that trying to sit in on your other sons therapy sessions, making dinner, folding laundry while listening to the therapist, mop up the dogs pee for the 3rd time in the day and make sure that your other two children don't kill each other with their light sabers can be a busy day.

As I drink my wine right now and right this all I know is that I'm lucky that I have physically healthy and happy kids ( however challenging at times) even though we deal with our own struggles on a daily basis they are truly amazing little people who continue to inspire me everyday.

Working out is very important to me, training and racing are very important to me, health, fitness, triathlon is very important to me but I wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for my kids and my family and for them my life has purpose. So even though I haven't worked out for two days, and even though I am so jealous that so many of my friends have been riding 75 mile rides and out their hammering it over the past two weeks, I know that I've been doing something that is more important at this point and that is nurturing and caring for my family. So hopefully we will get things all figured out over the next few weeks, hopefully everything will get back to normal and me killing it will be the norm. I'm tired, going to bed and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Heres to our kids and families health, its everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment